Pages

23 May 2013

The PEACEGIVER ~ Review

I finished this some time ago and just realized that I never put up the review.

As I have stated before I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first time I tried to read it. The first two chapters are really what killed it for me the first time and almost put the stop on me reading it this time. They start out with the Rick, our main character, complaining about his relationship with his wife, how their troubles are her doing and how she needs to change. Then we go on to read about how his Grandfather and Grandmother had he same relationship. 

Ugh!! Such a sour way to start a book.

The book reads pretty different from others. Instead of being a fictional story with a bit of religion to guide the characters or help us as the reader get a better insight as to what motivates them, it read more as a gospel book with fictional characters added to help keep out attention and not read so much like a lesson or a talk.

While a lot of points that the author Ferrell shared with us were great it seemed more like he was sharing his 'eureka' moments with us that he came accross while doing his own personal scripture study. Some points applied to me, some did not, and some seemed to be a bit of a stretch. 

I'm not saying it wasn't good but it won't be included in my study material. It was a fun, and easy read that gave me something to think about.

Tell me what you thought....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails