Pages

08 August 2009

They Can Take The Time

Last weekend I watched Twilight while I took some time to rest from being sick. I recently started Twilight, the book, again as well.

I have such a hard time with reading books that have movies based on them. Luckily this time I read the book before the first movie came out, I am trying to finish the others before the movies of them come out as well. THE BOOKS are so much better than the movies. In the book, the first 30 pages could take up half the movie. These are critical pages as well because they help to set the tone of the characters, giving them personality and catching our attention. In the movie they have to try and show us who the individuals are, their traits, habits - everything - just in the first few minutes. The books are always so much more descriptive, they can take as much time as they need so that the characters can be explained in full and so that we, as the reader, can bond with them.

Just in the little bit of the book that I have read so far, I seem to understand so much more about the characters. My mom, who has not read the books, said that the movie was pretty good. When I asked her if she picked up on this or that - she said that she did not get certain things from the movie. Hence, why books can be so much better, they give you the whole story, all the behind the scenes stuff.

Like I said, I have only gotten so far into the book, but am excited to finish reading it. I just hope that when I get to Eclipse I can keep going with it until it picks up and grabs my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails