Pages

20 January 2010

Finally Done

Well....I finally finished Twilight this morning and started New Moon. I am really excited for a change. Cold...stone...cold...granite...cold...come on, branch out. Even one chapter into New Moon I can tell that her writing technique improved. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the story line. It takes us all back to being young and finding love. The intense and timed emotions that went with it all. Exploring and learning about ALL the emotions and roller-coaster that goes with finding love. But honestly, I feel like 50-75 pages could have been cut from the book if Edwards chilled perfection didn't have to be described every time he came onto the scene.

There is always a difference between the book and the same story being told on the big screen. Having just finished reading the book again and recalling the movie there is so much that was left out. For intense, Alice, her past and how she became a vampire. Never brought up in the movie but as it turns out James was the one who turned her. I also think they lost some of the intensity of the relationship between Edward and Bella that took place in the first half of the book. There was so much more drama between the two of them before they got together. The part from the book that I really would of liked to have seen in the movie was the Saturday trip, the first time Edward showed Bella what he looked like in the sun and their first kiss ~ I really didn't like how those topics were addressed in the movie.

Once I get done with New Moon I will be able to watch the movie and decide if all the hype was really worth it. I have heard from people on both sides, those who really liked it and those who were really disappointed in the way the story was changed to put it in the theatre.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails