Pages

26 March 2010

Stuck in Denver

My husband and I were lucky enough to take a trip to Boston so that he could look into grad schools. The weekend part of our trip was fantastic. It was perfect weather for walking around and the commuter system out there is something else.

On the days that my husband went in and interviewed with the professors I sat out in the hall and had a chance to read. I decided that the reason it has taken me so long to finish this book is because it has taken me so long to get into it. The whole first of the book is spent with Bella telling us that she thinks of Jacob as a friend but is still using him to create situations in which she gets to hear Edward. It's hard for me to get into a story line where the main character is so self involved and only wants to maintain relationships that she will directly and immensely benefit from. For me the story FINALLY picked up when Bella took a dive off the cliff. I think if she was developing feelings for Jacob this whole time there would have been more to the story to keep my attention and make the twist in the book as she runs off to save Edward all the more intriguing. She would have to choose between two who really love her and want the best for her. It also would have helped Jacob not seem like such a noodle. Don't get me wrong, I really like Jacob and think he is a very honest character, but I think most of his character develops once Alice shows up to Bella's home and he reacts but making Bella choose.

While I haven't read the last two books ~ I know Bella chooses Edward. I still have never seen the movie The Titanic, but come on I know the ship sinks. I just would like to see Bella have more of a struggle in deciding between this two guys (boys) who care so much for her instead of her walking around like a zombie for most of the book and using Jacob.

Anyways, I got a little bit of reading done during his interviews but it wasn't until we got stuck in the Denver Airport that I was really able to spend some time in the book. Our flight from Denver to home was canceled earlier in the day because of the weather but if the airport had waited an hour or so before they canceled our flight, they would have seen the skies clearing, the snow melting and the sun out still 2 hours before we were supposed to take off. We were put on another flight was was canceled, and still put on another flight. At least we made it home the same day. Most people trying to get to the same place we were going, were told that they would have to wait until the next day to get on a flight. After standing in two different customer service lines for a couple hours each I was able to sit down and wait for my flight. I am now so close to getting done with the book, now I just need to be sure to make the time to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails